GIDB has commissioned two feasibility studies.
1. Ankleshwar-Jhagadia Gauge conversion.Sanctiioned in Railway Budget with extension upto Rajpipla.
2. Mehsana-Patan Gauge conversion & new link between Patan & Bhildi. Mahesana Bhildi commissioned.
Dedicated Freight Corridor
In the Railway budget for the FY 2006-07 announcement was made for developing Dedicated Freight Corridors linking with JNPT/NSICT & Ludhiana, Kolkatta Port. The Western Corridor of this Dedicated Freight Corridors will start from Jawaharlal Nehru Port and will be routed via Vadodara, Ahmedabad, Palanpur, Jaipur and Rewari to Tughlakabad and Dadri. Eastern and Western corridors will be joined by a link between Dadri and Khurja. The feeder routes of the Western Corridor connecting ports of Gujarat will be upgraded.Dedicated Freight Corridor company Ltd. (DFCCL) has completed the final location survey, the land acquisition and tendering in progress. This service will provide faster movement to freight and will link the production centers in Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) Indian Railway works programme are carrying out the following works.
- Gandhinagar - Kalol (20 kms.) new line - commissioned.
- Dahod-Indore via Sardarpur (201 km) - work in progress for new line.
- Conversion of Chhota Udaipur to Pratapnagar (Vadodara) 99 kms. commissioned.
- Bharuch Sammi- Dahej (62 kms.) conversion work in progress participated by Rail Vikas Nigam (RVNL).
- Ahmedabad-Himmatnagar-Udaipur conversion (299 km.)-approved works.
- Chhota Udaipur - Dhar New line (1576 km.) - approved work.
- Udhna -Jalgaon-electrification & doubling work in progress.
- Surat Kosamba (35 km.) doubling work in progress.
- Palanpur - Pipavav - Removal of infringements for running of double stack containers - work in progress.
Sanctioned in 09-10 Rail Budget
- Viramgam Rajkot Doubling
- Gandhidham - Adipur doubling.
- Gandhidham-Kandla Port doubling.
- World class railway station at Ahmedabad.
- Conversion of Bhuj-Naliya meter gauge section.
Ahmedabad-Botad conversion survey report of sento Railway Board. Mahesna-Taranga Hill - amtaj survey completed. List of Feasibility Studies
|Sr. No ||Name and location of the Project ||Description ||Estimated Project cost (Rs. Crores) ||Likely time of completion of the study ||Status |
||Prefeasibility study for developing a Borad Gauge rail link between Ankaleshwar and Jhagadia
||Gauge conversion of the existing narrow gauge rail link connecting Ankaleshwar with Jhagadia. In that regard the consultants are required to prepare a prefeasibility report for the gauge conversion project on a commercial form at including operation and maintenance of the same. The study shall assess existing NG rail link and work out traffic demand, appropriate technical details and designs of the facility, revenue modelling, financial feasibility, economic feasibility, socio-economic and environmental assessment for the project.
||M/s. Feedback Ventures Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi is the consultant. Final report submitted. Indian railway have sanctioned Ankaleshwar - Jhagadia- Rajpipla (63 km) conversion of the estimated cost of Rs.99.7 crores. The work is in progress. |
||Prefeasibility study for developing a Broad Gauge link between Mahesana - Patan-Bhildi.
||Govt. of Gujarat is keen to explore possibilities of developing a broad gauge rail link connecting Mahesana with Bhildi through Patan. In that regard the consultants are required to prepare a pre-feasibility report for developing a BG rail link on commercial form at including operation and maintenance of the same. The study shall assess alternative alignments and suggests options for appropriate alignment between Patan & Bhildi and work out traffic demand, appropriate technical details and designs of the facility, revenue modelling, financial feasibility, economic feasibility, socio-economic and environmental assessment of Mahesana - Patan – Bhildi rail link.
||M/s. Consulting Engineering Services (I) Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi are the consultants. Final report received. Indian railway had sanctioned this work under their plan head and now Mahesana Patan has been commissioned and work is progress for Patan Bhildi. |